Apologies for taking so long!
My original plan was to have this out on Saturday, after a full week since the start of August. That was moved to Sunday, and only then did I figure out the full extent of the sheer, vast quantities that people have been working on this project! I’ll have to start earlier next week. 😀
Eliza Wyatt has been spending the last week detailing the basics of her fantasy city Vastii, which is on a cold, inhospitable, lightless world.
Saint Know-All has been working on her dragon species, the Taal.
Nils has been posting on his world, Arnâron. The sheer volume of his work speaks to how much he’d put into this so far…
- Welcome to Arnâron!
- Start with… Tone?
- The Premise of Arnâron
- Theme and Thematic Subjects of Arnâron
- Arnâron by the Numbers
- Mapping Arnâron, First Draft
- Mapping Arnâron, Second Draft
- Mapping Arnâron, Third Draft
- Setting the mood of Arnâron: Desert Photos, Part 1
- Setting the mood of Arnâron: Desert Photos, Part 2
- Mapping Arnâron, Ocean Currents
- Mapping Arnâron – Wind Patterns
- Mapping Arnâron – Climate, Draft 1
- Mapping Arnâron – Migrations, Draft 1
- Setting the mood of Arnâron: Canyon Photos
- The First Arnâron Pronounciation Guide
- How The Gods Destroyed The World – First Draft
- Mapping Arnâron – Dying World, Draft 1
- Mapping Arnâron – Dying World, Draft 2
- A Short Overview of the History of Arnâron
- Elevation on Arnâron
- Arnâron – Nations and the Balance of Power
- Setting the mood of Arnâron: Desert Photos, Part 3
- Elements on Arnâron
Cirellio has been working on Lura (an old project– going further back in his archives will get several more months of world-building posts).
- The world of Lura
- Is there religion in Lura? (part 1)
- Is there religion in Lura? (part 2)
- Shiirati architecture
- Moving on…
- Patricck Rothfuss Interview (world-building discussed)
AC Gaughen has been posting about Shalia.
Natania Barron has been working on her story’s setting, the Aldersgate Cycle, focusing on religion.
Aeronwy has started with a world called Tria.
- To live and die in Tria
- Cres Chencia, the sinking continent
- The decaters – part one
- The decaters – part two
Agarithia has neatly collected each of her current posts (of which she has five) into one page (here). The topics thus far are: Brief Intro, The Jaden Kingdom, The Yellow Nation, Map of Agarithia, and The Southern Green Noses.
Writer has written two world-building posts thus far, set in historical Paris.
Otempora has started her own list of world-building projects.
SMD posted about what he’d like to do for the month, and posted a map.
Goldirocks began with some research links, and a continent.
JanVanHove is working on a sci fi setting.
Selonus is working on a fantasy world, and has gone over his map, races, and feel that he wants to achieve.
M.C. Williams hasn’t written anything specific to World Building Month (yet), but has several articles on world building, with a focus on steampunk fantasy.
And that’s it, for this week!
Having gone over everyone’s projects, I want to say that I’m really, really impressed by the things that people have come up with! I’m looking forward to the rest of the month!